THE REVIEW: URBAN COOKHOUSE

THE RESTAURANT: I had passed by the Homewood location of this restaurant several times and I even checked out reviews of other bloggers! It has been on my list of "must try" for quite a while now and just by luck some friends and I ended up here for a pre-bowling meal! (Summit Location)
 
CHIPOTLE BRAISED PORK: HOT CHEDDAR PASTA:
MARINATED SLAW
 THE MENU: I ordered the Chipotle Braised Pork and the meat was cooked to perfection!The Pork was accompanied by Hot Cheddar Pasta and Marinated Slaw.The penne pasta styled mac and cheese (hot cheddar pasta) was tasty but I don’t have much to say about the slaw as it did taste quite fresh but was not one of my favorite recipes. I also have to give the “bbq sauce” a less than stellar review… it lacked taste and did nothing for the well seasoned pork. The food was super light and though I felt full I didn’t have that awful "heavy feeling" after a big meal! I also can’t leave out the delicious strawberry lemonade! Homemade and one word ...YUM!

WOOD FIRED SHRIMP KABOBS: ORANGE ROLL: RICE PILAF
 THE SERVICE & AMBIANCE: We had no idea what we wanted and as we stared up at the menu board, it was the friendly cashier that asked us if we needed some help and provided us with some great insight on what to try out! She told me about their use of the "big green egg" when I asked about the pork and I was sold!After placing our orders our food was promptly delivered to us! The restaurant showcased a clean and non fussy design and was quite charming, a real reflection of the food.

THE DOWN HOME: SMOKED TURKEY: PINEAPPLE HAM: BROCCOLI SALAD
THE VERDICT: Great service and an interesting concept on fresh and tasty cuisine. I will definitely be visiting again in the near future!
 
Urban Cookhouse on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

KIRUTHIVASAN said...

I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Urban Cookhouse" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites North Indian Veg Restaurant | Sweet Shop